Quique Setien admits Barca lost advantage in La Liga title race

Quique Setien admits Barca lost advantage in La Liga title race
Quique Setien admits Barca lost advantage in La Liga title race

Quique Setien admits Barca lost advantage in La Liga title race. Barcelona boss Quique Setien has admitted his side have lost the advantage in the La Liga title race with a 0-0 draw at Sevilla.

The Catalans endured an off night at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan, with Julen Lopetegui’s side the stronger team in the closing stages.

Barcelona now have a three points lead at the top over Real Madrid, but Zinedine Zidane’s side will go ahead of them with a win at Real Sociedad on Sunday, due to their head-to-head record.

“We knew before the restart, it would be difficult to win every game,” as per a post match report from Marca.

“I am not happy to be taking a point, but it is the lesser of two evils.”

“The reality is the title is no longer dependent on us, that has changed. But I don’t think Real Madrid will win every game.”

Credit: Football Espana

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Barcelona’s Piqué not confident about beating Madrid to title

Barcelona's Piqué not confident about beating Madrid to title
Barcelona's Piqué not confident about beating Madrid to title

Barcelona’s Piqué not confident about beating Madrid to title. Following the stalemate in Sevilla, the Barça defender’s post-match interview will not have given blaugrana fans much of a boost in the LaLiga run-in.

Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué said his side have it all to do if they are to retain their Spanish title this season after being held to a 0-0 draw at Sevilla on Friday, handing Real Madrid the chance to top the standings this weekend.

“Seeing how the matches have gone so far, it’s going to be very difficult for us to win this league,” Pique said after the stalemate.

“The draw leaves us in a position where we no longer depend on ourselves. Aand looking at the fixtures it’s difficult to imagine Real Madrid are going to drop points.

“However, we’ll still give everything to try and win it.”

Credit: AS English

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Leroy Sane to leave Manchester City, says Pep Guardiola

Leroy Sane to leave Manchester City
Leroy Sane to leave Manchester City

Leroy Sane to leave Manchester City, says Pep Guardiola. Sane ‘wants to join another club’, says Manchester City boss; Bayern Munich have made Germany winger top target this summer

City have given up hope of negotiating a new contract with Sane after nearly two years of talks with the Germany international.

Bayern Munich have made Sane their No 1 target this summer and have already held talks with City, who are demanding £62m for the winger they signed from Schalke in 2016 for £37m.

“Leroy said he doesn’t want to extend the contract so it means he wants to leave and it is going to happen this summer or when he is out of contract,” said Guardiola ahead of Monday’s visit of Burnley.

“The club have talked to me, they’ve offered two or three times to extend his contract, he rejected so it means he wants to play in another club.”

“If, at the end of this season, we arrive at an agreement with another club, he is going to leave. If not he will stay one more year and leave when out of contract.”

Credit: Sky Sports

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer responds to Roy Keane slamming David De Gea

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer responds to Roy Keane slamming David De Gea
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer responds to Roy Keane slamming David De Gea

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer responds to Roy Keane slamming David De Gea.

Steven Bergwijn opened the scoring in the first half with an excellent solo goal, although his well-struck shot was straight at De Gea.

But United equalised in the second half through Bruno Fernandes’ penalty to earn a point in north London. Keane slammed De Gea at half-time, claiming that he would have been ‘swinging punches’ at the Spaniard in the dressing room for his error.

When asked about De Gea’s error after the game, Solskjaer replied: “The boy hit it really well. The ball moves.”

“Roy was a fantasic midfielder, he’s a good friend of mine and I’m not sure he would’ve stopped it either. But that’s not the point.”

“David is a bit disappointed with it, obviously. But if you see it the ball was moving through the air.”

Credit: Metro Football

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Bruno Fernandes reveals secret to Paul Pogba connection

Bruno Fernandes reveals secret to Paul Pogba connection
Bruno Fernandes reveals secret to Paul Pogba connection

Bruno Fernandes reveals secret to Paul Pogba connection. Both Bruno Fernandes and Paul Pogba helped Manchester United fightback to earn a 1-1 draw at Tottenham on their Premier League return.

Bruno Fernandes scored what could prove to be an important penalty for Manchester United in the race for the top-four after turning on the style with Paul Pogba. The Portuguese international remained on penalty duty despite the return of the Frenchman and Marcus Rashford.

The midfield pair offered a glimpse into the future for Solskjaer as they showed a natural connection in the 30 minutes they shared together on the pitch.

Pogba won the penalty that was dispatched confidently by Fernandes. The January signing thought he’d won another spot-kick late in the game when he went down under the challenge of Eric Dier before VAR overturned the call.

“We’ve been training hard in the past few weeks,” Fernandes told Sky Sports.

“When we train in groups I was in the group with Paul so to find the connection is easier.”

“I found a good connection with everyone and the most important thing is the team.”

“Paul thinks the same and we are happy, the penalty I kick. So most important is the team so it doesn’t matter who scores, assists, the more important is winning.”

Credit: Express

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Klopp admits he was concerned Premier League would be null and void

Klopp admits he was concerned Premier League would be null and void
Klopp admits he was concerned Premier League would be null and void

Klopp admits he was concerned Premier League would be null and void. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp admits he was worried the Premier League season would be declared null and void because of the coronavirus outbreak.

Klopp’s team were 25 points clear at the top of the table and set to end their 30-year wait for the title when the season was suspended in March.

When asked if he had worried about the season being cancelled during the coronavirus lockdown, Klopp said: “Honestly, yes.”

“When we went into lockdown I didn’t think about it for a second at all because it was not important at that moment.”

“I became worried when people started talking about null and void. It was like ‘wow!’ I really felt it physically. That would have been really, really, really hard.”

“You don’t expect to get it as a present. We didn’t want to have it on a points-per-game basis, so we were really happy when it was decided that we can play again.”

“If it was done on points-per-game and we couldn’t have played then we would probably be champions now but we aren’t, we have to play for it.”

“That’s great, that’s how it should be in sport and now we will go for it.”

Credit: Sky Sports

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Roy Keane furious with Harry Maguire and David de Gea errors

Roy Keane furious with Harry Maguire and David de Gea errors
Roy Keane furious with Harry Maguire and David de Gea errors

Roy Keane furious with Harry Maguire and David de Gea errors.

The Sky Sports pundit was livid after Steven Bergwijn sliced through the Manchester United defence and David de Gea failed to save his shot at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Bergwijn put Spurs ahead midway through the first half at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, dribbling easily away from Maguire and dispatching a low, central shot which De Gea was unable to keep out.

“I’m shocked at that goal,” the former United captain said on Sky Sports. “I’ve watched a lot of football over the years, but to give that away, I’m fuming.”

“I can’t believe [Luke] Shaw heads the ball up and then runs forward, I’m staggered at Maguire, staggered that an international player can get done like this, and I’m sick to death of this goalkeeper.”

“This is an established international goalkeeper. I’m flabbergasted. There’s got to be something going on at half-time. If I was Ole, make some changes, get some lads off the pitch, some of them are going through the motions at the moment.”

“Spurs have been okay, they’ve been compact. But Maguire and De Gea, I wouldn’t let them on the bus after the match. Let them get a taxi back to Manchester.”

“De Gea is the most overrated goalkeeper I’ve seen in a long, long time. Tottenham had some bits of quality, but I’d have saved that [Heung-Min] Son shot. That’s not a great save, it’s middle of the goal, it’s his job.”

Credit: Sky Sports

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Chelsea to sell Kante to fund Havertz and Chilwell transfers

Chelsea to sell Kante to fund Havertz and Chilwell transfers
Chelsea to sell Kante to fund Havertz and Chilwell transfers

Chelsea to sell Kante to fund Havertz and Chilwell transfers. The defensive midfielder has been a hugely important player for the Blues since joining from Leicester in 2016 but may be moved on this summer

Chelsea are reportedly considering letting their central midfielder N’Golo Kante leave this summer in order to raise the fees necessary to sign Kai Havertz and Ben Chilwell.

Kante, 29, has been a crucial part of the Blues first-team since moving to the club in 2016, helping them win the Premier League, the FA Cup and the Europa League in that time.

However, with Chelsea having already splashed out close to £100m on the signings of Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, manager Frank Lampard has been told he will need to sell if he wants to bring in further players.

And according to The Times Kante is one of those who could be on his way out of Stamford Bridge, along with fringe players such as Tiemoue Bakayoko, Michy Batshuayi and Baba Rashman.

Bayer Leverkusen’s Havertz, who has had a hugely impressive season in the Bundesliga, is valued at around £75m by his club, and Chelsea are thought to be desperate to try to lure the winger to west London, although he himself is said to prefer a move to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile Lampard is also a huge fan of Leicester full-back Chilwell, and the club are confident that a bid in excess of £50m will tempt the Foxes into letting the England international go.

Credit: Mirror

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Richarlison claims Virgil van Dijk is NOT the best defender in the world

Richarlison claims Virgil van Dijk is NOT the best defender in the world
Richarlison claims Virgil van Dijk is NOT the best defender in the world

Richarlison claims Virgil van Dijk is NOT the best defender in the world.

Everton striker Richarlison may regret doing Liverpool’s team talk for them ahead of Sunday’s Merseyside derby, having claimed Virgil van Dijk is NOT the best defender in the world.

The runaway Premier League leaders resume their 2019/20 campaign on Sunday at Goodison Park, where a victory will leave them just three points away from being crowned champions.

Richarlison appears to have stoked the Reds’ first even more by insisting Liverpool’s key man Van Dijk is not all he’s cracked up to be.

Richarlison said: “People talk a lot about him, yes he is a great defender but I’ve already dribbled past him.

“He was chosen as one of the top three in the world as he had an excellent season. But yes, for me there are better defenders.”

When asked to name the players he believes are better than Van Dijk. Richarlison replied: “Thiago Silva, Marquinhos and Sergio Ramos.”

Credit: talkSPORT

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS

Capello critical of Sarri choices after Coppa Italia Final

Capello critical of Sarri choices after Coppa Italia Final
Capello critical of Sarri choices after Coppa Italia Final

Capello critical of Sarri choices after Coppa Italia Final.

Fabio Capello is far from convinced by Maurizio Sarri’s Juventus choices in the Coppa Italia Final against Napoli, including the Cristiano Ronaldo penalty placement.

The game ended 0-0, with Napoli winning the penalty shoot-out 4-2, but CR7 never got to take his kick because he’d been scheduled last.

By that stage, the Partenopei had already converted four, while Paulo Dybala’s was saved and Danilo fired over the bar.

“Usually, I would put my best penalty-taker fourth on the list,” Capello told RAI Radio 1.

“The first is always the player with the most self-belief and sense of confidence. It happened to me many times in my career, we went to penalties and someone would walk up, telling me he wanted to take a kick, so I’d let him go first.”

“It’s awfully strange if Sarri as the coach of this Juventus squad complains he doesn’t have enough strength in depth. It’s not about how many players you have on the bench, but the quality at your disposal.”

Credit: Football Italia

Website : FinalGoal

► Download Application FinalGoal : Andriod & IOS